Tips to protect your vision during Halloween season
Decorative contact lenses
- Do not wear decorative contact lenses which are purchased online or at costume stores.
- Do not purchase contacts without a prescription. Contact lenses must be properly fitted by an eye physician.
- Do not share contact lenses!
- Improper use of contacts can lead to bacterial infections, conjunctivitis, corneal scratches, corneal ulcerations, and swelling to name a few possible complications. Your cornea is a delicate part of your eye which is essential for clear vision.
- Wear hypoallergenic make-up and conserve your field of vision.
- Make sure you test the makeup prior to using it in order to prevent allergic reactions
- Make sure the makeup you use is FDA approved.
- It is easier to remove make-up with cold cream than with soap which can be irritating for your skin and eyes.
- Avoid costume accessories that block your vision.
- Avoid props like swords and spears which can harm somebody else’s eyes.
- Wear reflective tape on costumes.
- Carry a bright flashlight when outdoors at night.
- Please inspect carefully the treats children receive. Beware of children’s allergies and treats that are not commercially wrapped.
wants to wish you a spooky and safe Halloween!