In 1987, eye surgeon Lawrence Katzen, M.D., founded the Katzen Eye Care & Laser Center with a commitment to provide patients in Palm Beach County with the finest quality eye care available. Since that time, more than thirty thousand Palm Beach LASIK, South Florida cataract surgery and general ophthalmology patients have had their vision surgically improved at the center.
Our doctors offer patients the advantage of receiving comprehensive eye care. All our surgeons and optometric physicians have the highest level of expertise and experience; they are leaders in their respective specialty fields:
In 1997 the center was the first in South Florida dedicated to laser correction and to offer the LASIK procedure with the Visx Star Laser, the first laser in the United States approved to treat nearsightedness, farsightedness, and astigmatism.
The Katzen Eye Care & Laser Center is the first physician owned laser center in Palm Beach County to permanently install the IntraLase Laser and the 3-D “Active Trak” Visx Star S4 Laser with CustomVue for improved results. The center features a laser suite with strictly controlled humidity and temperature. The use of a full battery back up exceeds State Licenser and Certification requirements. The laser suite staff includes a registered nurse.
Top 10 - Reasons to Choose
Katzen Eye Care & Laser Center
- Leading Expert - Dr. Katzen is an experienced, board certified ophthalmologist and has been performing LASIK and refractive surgery since 1996. For patients who may not be candidates for LASIK, he also performs Photo-refractive Keratectomy, Intra Ocular Contact Lenses, Refractive Lens Exchange, Cataract Extraction, Limbal Relaxing Excisions as well as Eye Plastic Surgery.
- Respected Pioneer - Dr. Katzen obtained the first free-standing LASIK center in Palm Beach County, performed the first All-Laser CustomVue IntraLase procedure in Palm Beach County and is the most experienced IntraLase LASIK surgeon in Palm Beach County.
- Personal Confidence in LASIK - Dr. Katzen truly believes in the safety and superior outcome of Laser Vision Correction, in fact he had LASIK performed on his own eyes in 1997.
- Trusted Surgeon - A trusted, well respected leader in the field of ophthalmology, more eye doctors in Palm Beach County have chosen Dr. Katzen for LASIK than any other surgeon. Dr. Katzen also performed LASIK on his son, and vision correction surgery on his wife.
- Reputation for Excellence - Dr. Katzen's skill, attention to detail and reputation as a leader in laser vision correction. Dr. Katzen also surrounds himself with the most qualified, experienced team of experts available - including Optometrists, Technologists and a registered nurse who together have over 200 years of service in ophthalmology.
- State-of-the-Art Technology - Dr. Katzen's high standard of care ensures that he uses only the best technology available today, including the VISX Star S4 IR Excimer laser and the IntraLase Femtosecond laser for the best surgical outcomes.
- Exceptional Personal Patient Care - Dr. Katzen believes that every patient should receive outstanding personal patient care. He and his staff are open, friendly and constantly strive to provide exceptional quality care to each and every patient.
- Unsurpassed Results - 99% patient satisfaction!
- Gives Back to the Community - Dr. Katzen has volunteered in 18 worldwide eye missions to countries where patients do not have the benefits of the advanced surgical technology available in the United States today.
- Industry Leader - A recognized leader in ophthalmology, Dr. Katzen participates in clinical trials for the development of new state-of-the art vision correction technology and procedures.
Contact our office today to schedule a complimentary screening and consultation.